Magento geeks were eagerly waiting to discover the surprises in store for them in Magento 2.3.1 ever since the major Magento 2.3.0 release.
Well, Magento Open Source 2.3.1 is out now with more than 200 functional fixes to the base product, 500+ pull requests contributed by the Magento community, and more than 30 security enhancements.
The latest version offers many state-of-the-art features for improving the store functionality, customer experience, and easing up the admin tasks. Let’s have a look at them:
Page Builder Tool:
- This tool is available for Magento Commerce 2.3.1
- Beautifully designed store pages without any coding
- Drag and drop content creation option
- Live previews while designing the storefront
- Form editors, content block editors and more!
- 30+ security enhancements
- Security patch PRODSECBUG-2198 for addressing the SQL injection vulnerability
- Security fixes for Cross-Site Scripting (XSS), Remote Code Execution (RCE), sensitive data disclosure, and arbitrary code execution vulnerabilities
- Net extension for Signature Key Replacement due to MD5 Hash End of Life
Cart and Checkout Enhancements:
- Infinite loading indicator for errors during checkout, mini cart layout issues, and expired gift card applied to any customer’s account will become the talk of the old time
- Flawless functioning of “Clear Shopping Cart” button
- Accurate grid values and correct pagination display in Cart Price Rule page.
New Magento Shipping Features:
- You can now cancel a yet to be dispatched shipment by clicking Cancel Shipment in shipment
- Direct access to Magento Shipping Portal through Magento Shipping credentials stored in your Magento instance.
Other highlights of this release include:
- Order creation enhancements in the admin panel
- The release of Inventory Management with support for Distance Priority SSA (Source Selection algorithm), Elastic Search 6.0, and in-store pickup fulfillment options.
- Enhancements for B2B with the ability to handle up to 3,000 addresses on B2B customer accounts, user-friendly admin, and improved performance.
- PWA (Progressive Web Apps) Studio update with full Venia B2B and B2C themes.
- Magento Global Shipping coverage through FedEx, DHL Express, and UPS to benefit both customers as well as merchants.
- GraphQL with B2B APIs coverage
- Amazon Sales channel inclusion via Magento Sales & Advertising Channels system
Upgrade to the latest Magento 2 version to safeguard your store against spams and facilitate your customers with new improved features. You can download the latest Magento 2.3.1 from here.
So which Magento 2.3.1 features would you like to implement first for your Magento Store. Let us know via comments below.