Magento is known for its regular updates. And the latest update is a big surprise for all the merchants using Magento Commerce 2.2.X. The Adobe Company has recently released two critical end of support dates that may have a significant impact on the security and compliance of your site in 90 days.
Support for Magento Commerce 2.2.x Ends on December 31, 2019
Customers still using Magento Commerce 2.2.x should upgrade to the latest version of Magento Commerce 2.3 as soon as possible. This will not only help avoid risk or vulnerabilities of cyber-attacks but also take advantage of the new features that will make your Magento store perform even better.
Let’s have a look at some of the new features in Magento Commerce 2.3:
- Multi-source Inventory
- Allocate products and quantities to all the fulfillment sources including distribution centers, warehouses, stores, third-party drop shippers and more
- Magento Commerce 2.3 also offers effortless inventory management with inventory tracking at each source
- Streamlined operations by prioritizing and automating the control of inventory sources for fulfilling orders for each website in real-time;
- Third-party inventory systems integration
- PWA (Progressive Web Apps) Studio
- Fully integrated page builder
- New security tools
- Better indexing performance
- New Magento shipping functionality – new fulfillment options, and expanded global availability
PCI compliance for stores on Magento Commerce 2.2.0-2.2.9 may be at risk as of November 30, 2019, due to PHP 7.1 end of support
Merchants using Magento Commerce 2.2.0-2.2.9 can address this issue by upgrading to the next release of Magento Commerce 2.2 when it becomes available in October 2019. However, please note that the end of support for all the versions of Magento Commerce 2.2 is scheduled on December 31. It is strongly recommended to update directly to the latest version of Magento Commerce 2.3.
Also, PHP 7.1 will only be providing security fixes and you need to migrate to PHP 7.2 or 7.3 version at the earliest.
Merchants using Magento Commerce 2.2.x can contact their Magento Customer Success Manager or via the options listed at Magento Contact Information Page.
Keep reading this space for more information on the latest Magento development happenings.